Many families come to Orlando with the sole purpose of visiting the area’s world-famous theme parks. Big mistake! Now, don’t get us wrong – the theme parks are great! But when you come to Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts, we hope you’re saving some time to enjoy everything the resort has to offer as well. Our resort activities calendar is jam-packed, and we can’t wait for you to join us! We want to share some of our favorite activities for the entire family to enjoy at Summer Bay Orlando.
1. Craft Painting: Treasure boxes and ceramic banks in cute shapes (we just love the owl!) are waiting to be painted with your own design. The Recreation Pavilion’s beautiful new activities room is your workshop as you make a keepsake to take home. One of our favorite parts: it’s free! With one free complimentary craft per person, the whole family can get creative and make a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your vacation.
2. Tie-Dye T-Shirts: Nothing says care-free vacation days quite like a fun tie-dye shirt. With instruction from our fun activities team members, everyone in the family can make their own design, add colorful dye, and bag it up securely to let the colors set. You’ll get directions on the best way to wash the shirts and keep them vibrant, too! At only $6 per shirt, your homemade tie-dye shirt will probably be the least expensive t-shirt you take home from Orlando!
3. Sand Art: What is it about sand art? Kids love it, and we know a few adults who do, too. This beach-y souvenir is layers of colorful sand in a decorative bottle – you decide which colors, how they layer, and what bottle to use. For a vacation memento you can perch on your desk back at work or on a shelf in the bedroom, swing by the Recreation Pavilion for sand art. Just like craft painting, one complimentary craft per person means no sibling sharing of artwork required!
4. Movie Nights: Okay, this one is a little bit of a cheat. We couldn’t decide between the Family Movie Night, held in our Recreation Pavilion theater, or the Dive In Movie, held at Big Kahuna’s Pool. One has comfortable seating and ice-cold air conditioning, but then again, the other one can be watched from the comfort of the swimming pool. Who can decide? We don’t bother – we just go to both. Oh, and there’s a Grown-up Movie Night and a Teen Movie Night, too! With as many as seven different movies shown each week, you’re sure to find your favorite venue for films.
5. Gator Adventure Show: We saved this one for last because it’s just so exciting. The resort welcomes real alligator experts to our Big Kahuna’s Bar seating area, and the alligator experts bring a real alligator! This is your family’s opportunity to get to know one of Florida’s most famous (and misunderstood) residents. You can even take a photo with the gator with a $5 donation to animal conservation programs. Now there’s a souvenir to show your friends back home!
That’s a lot of fun! Now, believe it or not, that’s only the tip of the iceberg with our activity calendar. We didn’t mention the Pirate Palooza… or the Build a Buddy Workshop… or the Dueling Pianos… You’re just going to have to come experience it all for yourself! As for the theme parks – well, maybe you can fit some of them in, too.
Resort activity prices are accurate at time of publication and are subject to change. For the latest schedule of offerings and prices, please visit Summer Bay Orlando online and download the Resort Information Guide.